Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

The "C" Word

This is a very short post.  We all know that cancer is not good.  And chemo, if not worse, adds insult to injury.  Not only did I lose a breast (actually no biggie), but I lost all of my hair, all of my fingernails, and one toenail (don't ask.  I don't know why just one).  And in the last four-and-a-half years, my hair has grown back (my breast has not); my fingernails have more or less grown back (the toenail has not); and my eyelashes and eyebrows have never recovered.

So, in a fit of vanity, I decided to have my (nonexistent) eyebrows tattooed on.  I found a great place and a fabulous esthetician and had it done.  I was very nervous, but Lisa soothed my fears and told me that while my eyebrows would appear extremely dark for the first week or so, they would soon fade into a very natural look.  Through her wizardy, I think Lisa's captured the "real me" --- agreed?











4 comments:

  1. What a lovely look. I am quite sure you have hit upon a definite fashion trend that will soon catch on like wildfire. Like the hoola-hoop. It is almost as good as a goat's beard... but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marigold, I agree. And the good news they work rather well as a sun visor too!

      Delete
  2. So Michael Dukakis is a look now? Man, the 80s are coming back in force!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pop in on occasion and catch your blog. Obviously, it has been a while since I've come for a look-see. But, I have to tell you, you made my day! I will be cleaning macaroni salad from the keyboard for days! Thanks for the great laugh!
    Oh, and I hope that the fact that you haven't blogged for a while is indicative of your having a good, busy life!

    ReplyDelete