Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

It's how we roll

We're dog people (we're also cat people, horse people, goat people, etc.)  And all of our dogs have always loved to go in the car with us.  Above is me, Toby, and  Weiner in the Dodge pickup.  I still have the Dodge and the Weiner; Toby's no longer with us.
***
Now, the picture below is Annie.  Annie was Jess's dog.  She loved her some Jess; she was Jess' #1 fan. Here's Annie's first car ride with Jess after Jess got her license.  Annie waited FOR YEARS to able to ride with Jess.  Look how happy the Nan is.

Nan would go anywhere with Jess.  In fact, they almost went to Tijuana when I accidentally told Jess to go SOUTH on the 5 instead of NORTH on the 5 to get to the airport (to pick up her brother).  Nan was totally okay with it as she figured there'd be street tacos involved.  Both Larry and Jess were pissed.
***
And, Grace -- well, Gracie would go anywhere so long as she could be with me.  Grace has gone to Phoenix and back (in one day); a six-hour drive to Tulare to a goat show, where I judged while she lay outside the fence and waited.  She's stayed in hotels with me, gone to horseshows with me; she is my constant companion


Grace is totally perfect.  Even though she's horrified I've stuck that hat on her, she's too polite to take it off.




***
So when Sam came along, it was very natural to take him along too.
And I have to say, he took to it rather well.  He likes to ride shotgun in the Subaru.
He also likes to ride shotgun in the Trailblazer --



He can't exactly ride shotgun in the Dodge..... but he tries...



and when he's tired, this is how he rolls -----


*****
when he rolls like this....


he really pisses the other two off.
****
but the other day, on the way home from work, he started a brand-new episode of how he rolls...I had loaded the back seat of the Dodge with a ton of recycles from the shop.  We'd filled an entire box with plastic bags for me to take to recycle.  And as for Sam?
Well, this is how he rolls.....












1 comment:

  1. Too cute!! My boy is just over 100 lbs, he likes to ride with his fat head resting on the edge of my seat as he leans up from the back. Then he drools down my arm the whole car ride. XD

    There are just some things you REALLY have to love dogs to tolerate!

    ReplyDelete