Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Birthday!

July was birthday month here in my neck of the woods.  Trish and Stephanie and Vicki all have July b-days, so I went to TWO whole parties.  I don't go out a whole lot.  I'm too old, too tired, and too grumpy, I suppose. 

Anyway, we celebrated Trish's and Stephanie's day with a make-your-own-pizza party over at Trish's.   We had everything you can think of to put on a pizza....



Yum-yum-yum!!!



and of course, we girls wanted to preserve the festivities with a photo op and a birthday toast...





...and as that champagne flowed, some of us got a little more relaxed...
pizza toppings were discussed....



as well fashion and parenting tips.....and perhaps that age-old question arose: Can you feel your nose...err, ears?
























...we had  a blast and got some really cute photos............
...but I got to thinking... should we preserve only the "good" photos?  Aren't the "bad" photos, the ones memories are made of?

...how about the one where we girls wanted to show the camera our "best side"...
...or the "true" us...

...or where I'm demonstrating a facelift technique...

...or this one which captures, I think, the essence of our friendship...
...it's just a blur of nonstop talk and waving hands...
and my favorite...
when I'm 80, I want to look at this one, remember, and laugh all over again...
















1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog so much! Hope we can meet up later this month :D

    ReplyDelete