Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why I decided to start blogging.

Tere told me she was blogging and that, if you wanted, you could have it bound into a book.  For some reason, the whole book idea spoke to me, and I decided that I should keep a record of my thoughts and feelings for, well, posterity. 

Actually, I suppose I had an idea of creating something for my kids when I'm gone.  Not being maudlin or corny here, but I wanted to chronicle some of my memories for them (or at least MY version of the events); and I also wanted to write about me, what makes me who I am.  Now that my mom is gone and my dad is a little loopy, I've lost the chance to ask questions about why or how  or when.  And I hope that this gives them some things to think about, and maybe they'll realize why I behaved the way I did (or probably still do). 

I also want to impart some words of advice and wisdom that they may not want to hear at this point in their lives, but are words of wisdom anyway.

Today's wisdom:  Always tip the hotel maid.  She works harder than hard and picks up all your crap and scrubs the toilet for you -- for minimum wage.  You're on vacation.  What's an extra dollar or two? 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Denise,
    Your daughter is indeed beautiful, but then I can see where she gets it! :) I think you are very philosophical. I suppose, after reading your tip, I should be tipping the goatmother. She doesn't even work for Peanuts.

    ReplyDelete