Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Ruthie and the Luckless Sisters

,
No, really, this is not a new music trio.  This is the "rest of the ladies" who've some to live with us. Joining Pointless, Aimless, Feckless, and Graceless are

Ruthless and Luckless (times 2)

Meet
Ruthless aka
"Ruthie"
She leads the flock with an iron claw...

And the
Luckless Sisters
Luckless 1 and Luckless 2



In the short time they have lived with me,
ONE was bitten by SamDammit and became quite lame,
ONE fell into the trashcan containing the chicken feed
and spent the day trapped when the lid fell down upon her 
and
ONE apparently flew over the fence and had all her tail feathers pulled out by the neighbor's dogs.
AND THERE IS ONLY  TWO OF THEM.
*SIGH*










Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Okay. Who is next? Jobless? Obviously that one ought to be Tailless. Perhaps a name change is in order. And, I want to know. If the one wasn't without a tail, can you actually tell them apart? Or is that why they are 1 and 2? It is all quite hopeless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Ruthless - she looks like a Buff Orpington to me! I used to like the ones I had in my Iowa flock. The Luckless sisters are great too! Let's hope they all have lots of eggs to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda like the tailless look! That little round bottom is kinda cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hay, there, Denise. This is Pippin. I relished (hay, isn't that some sort of food? I'm think I might like that!) the idea that you thought of me as a parolee... I'm thinking that I am doing hard time - after all, my Mrs. Owner practically keeps me under lock and key - I'm either locked in my stall, that has some sort of fan dangle thumb latch thing that I haven't quite mastered, even with my agile, nimble lips, or I'm locked in the pasture or paddock that has some sort of chain latch that I haven't mastered (yet).
    Oh, and thanks for becoming a friend to my Mrs. Owner. Lord knows, she needs every friend she can get!

    ReplyDelete