Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Everyone Has a Snickers Moment, Part 2

Dad never visited Mom while she was in the home.  He was too chicken shit.   Diane didn't either.  Well, she visited a few times, but only went she came to visit me and I took her.  She was probably chicken shit as well.  Hell, I was pretty damn chicken shit myself. 
Actually no one visited Mom except me.  And I certainly didn't go that often because it was just too painful. Allan went in the beginning, but that petered out. 



I really didn'texpect Jess to go; she was a freshman in high school and had never really known my mom while she was still sort of normal. 




 But I did think Larry would go since she and Dad were such a big part of his life when he was younger.  He didn't and that was sad for me.



When Mom was taken to the hospital after her odd falling-asleep episode, Dad had not seen her in over a year.  Two days after Mom was checked into the hospital, Dad went with me.  But he wouldn't go up to the room; he didn't want to "upset" her.  I left Dad in the lobby and had been sitting in the room for about an hour when suddenly Dad appeared in the room.  I about fell out of the chair, but Mom just looked at him and said, "Huh, well there you are," like she'd seen him just the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment