Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Fifteen...er, Zero Minutes of Fame. Part 1

On April Fool's Day, the CBS Early Show ran the segment on "Urban Goats."  If anyone saw it, you probably didn't see me and wondered if you missed me.  You didn't.  I wasn't in it.  All that prep, all that angst, all that time we spent cleaning and all that time they spent filming here and we were cut -- nada, zip, nothing.  Ah well, such is life.  At least I don't have to worry about the camera adding ten pounds.  But for all my hard work and for my ten faithful followers, I've decided to do a reenactment....

Producer Robin and Cameraman Hank arrived shortly before 11 a.m.
Here's where they parked (we'd moved all of our cars down the street to be camera ready.)

Grace is showing where they parked their van.  Sam is just being a pita.
***
Instead of coming through the front, where we had worked so hard...
They walked through the garage...
(it wasn't exactly the nicest approach...but oh, well.)
 to the back yard.
***
And although I wanted to sit here...
...they wanted to go down here.

so we did.
We set up an area for the interview.  Now get ready 'cuz this is really high tech.  Here's the "stage" where we sat for the interview --- --
 *
*
*
*
*
*

*
*
*

I sat on the little stool..
(yes, my butt did fit -- barely)
Robin sat and the black feeder to the left, and Hank sat on the two buckets.  I told you -- High Tech (and I still can't pry those two buckets apart).

 Now I did mention that I had a doe in heat, right?  Well, this is what was happening in the pen behind me --

and this --


and this was also going on in the pen across from the buck wars....


So here I am, trying to look and sound professional while Harry and Justy are blubbering away, the Junior League across from us is lined up like something incredible is about to happen, and I'm sweating
 like mad...
Dumped on the cutting room floor?  Ah well, I guess that's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment