Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mother-Daughter Road Trip!

Saturday night Jess came up to my room and asked if I wanted to watch a movie.  I was already asleep so I said no, but why didn't we go to the Grand Canyon.  And by God, we are!

Six hours we drove in the rain and the dark last night to make it to Kingman, AZ.  And guess what?  Not an argument ensued.  Not a teary eye, not even any silence. We talked.  We yapped.  We debated college life.  I heard all about life at college.  We even sang at the top of our lungs to J's iPod -- old Beatles, Bill Withers, and more.  She didn't even correct when I had the lyrics wrong --- oh, let it be!

On today's must do list:
  • deodorant
  • body lotion (I refuse to use my good face cream on our feet)
  • more discussion on college vs real life: which is more difficult?
  • The Grand Canyon!

No comments:

Post a Comment