Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Usual Suspects -- The Family

Cast of Characters... and there are some real characters, trust me.
Family:
IN A STARRING ROLE:
Me
SUPPORTING ACTORS:
Allan - husband of 11 yrs, been together much longer, he's a health freak, obsessive-compulsive work-aholic, who has put up with my BS and has worked to have a good relationship with Jessica. Allan is a member of the Genetic Police.
Larry - son, OMG nearly 33. Still trying to figure out his path in life -- I don't think he realizes that some of us can't see the path until we've traveled down it already. He also probably doesn't know that I am incredibly proud of him and what he has accomplished. He's the first Fraser to actually get a college degree and went on to get his Masters. He certainly didn't have the best guidance with all of that when he was growing up -- but, I'd never been to college. What did I know?
Jessica - daughter, 19, freshman at Rutgers -- a rocky senior year of high school and one year at community college. Incredible rider and a take-no-prisoners kind of girl, Jess, too, had a rocky upbringing as the product of a nasty divorce, but of all the people I know, Jess is a survivor.
Diane - my sister -- 3 yrs older. She's got custody of Dad. I had Mom. Diane's still ahead of the game.
Dad - 86, a little wifty -- a lot wifty. Still wants to drive despite his forgetfulness, bad knees, etc.
Tab -- Allan's Mom. She and her husband, Robert, lived next door to my parents in Atlantic City for years. They now live on the next block over in an incredible house facing the Boardwalk and the ocean. I never get tired of going there. Tab is probably the best cook I've ever known and makes one hell of a bed.
Robert See above. Allan's stepfather, an atty, a power player in DC, and now retired.