Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Liz's dogs have fleas...

Sam, the wonder puppy, got his first bath today. Liz called to tell me she found a flea on one of her dogs, therefore I needed to treat my dogs for fleas as well. I rarely use flea products because I intend to bathe them first -- imagine this! -- never get around to it.  But this morning when I was hosing the duck poop out of my feeders (this happens when ducks roost willy-nilly), Sam played and played in the water.  He was so wet, I really only had to add shampoo...

 


Weiner and Grace know the routine.  Mom headed to the laundry room with towels and shampoo means something bad is going to happen.   Weiner runs and hides; Grace stoically maintains her must-be-with-Mom-at-all-times vigil, albeit with flattened ears and lowered tail. 
 
Poor clueless little Sam ran behind me in his usual good humor until I dumped him the sink and turned on the water.  This clearly was not what he was expecting to happen.  Please, someone --  1-800-4-A-Puppy.