Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Who says the art of communication is dead?

C'mon, does anyone really talk on the phone now?  I've "talked" to both my kids in the last two days and had deep, insightful conversations with them both. Here are our verbatim text-versations.

(You will notice that we may not always capitalize correctly, but we're very fond of correct puncuation and never use "slang")

Conversation #1 with Larry. 

Me: Your Verizon (gift card) is here!
Generalissimo:  Cool!
Me:  I can spend it for you if you want.
Generalissimo:  But how will you know what to buy me?
Me:   IDK. Use imagination. No unders tho.
Generallissimo:  No underwear, but imagine some socks.
Me:  Thinking something in, perhaps, a knee high argyle.


Conversation #2 with Jess.  She texted me this pic and the following conversation ensued -


Jess:   josh standing in front of the AWESOME IGLOO we built last night.
Me:    Cool - saving on rent?
Jess:   definitely.  thinking about putting in hardwood floors. going to get some drapes this weekend.
Me:    No on the hardwood, the moisture could warp them. did you build a bed yet like Larry saw at the Ice Hotel?
Jess    Thinking about making some bunk beds to fit more people.
Me:     Yeah, you need to weigh the rent you can charge vs. the chance of body heat causing structural        damage...
Jess:     we'll have to reinforce the walls or something.
Me:      Xlnt idea.  Will you be vacating your dorm room?  Will I get any refund?
Jess:     I'll sublet it.  i think Russians need to live among other Russians.
Me:      Good call.  Can you diet as well?  So I can economize on your meals as well.
Jess:     I can live on snow cones
Me:      It's cold in Russia; rent them the igloo. 

Who says the art of communication is dead?