Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

This morning, I did the morning walk with Trish and Tere (you know, the neighborhood trash picker).  Tere started morning walks -- gosh, probably 5 years ago?  And over that time, various and assorted neighbors and friends have come and gone.  We've had as many as six walkers at a time, but never less than two.  I mean, without at least two of us, what's the point?  We're not exactly honorable in our morning mission; if there's no witness to our health regime, we're not going to do it!

Anyway, I've not been walking with the ladies for a long time; but as I've recently rejoined the living, Sam and I have been trying to get up and walk.  

Here it is, early morning in my neighborhood.  There's Tere and Chance ready for the walk.  Isn't my neighborhood pretty?



And, here's Sam going to meet Chance.

Wait, here comes Trish.  This is California; we like to drive to our place of exercise.  Trish lives down around the corner and SEVERAL houses away.  Tere only lives two houses away, so she didn't have to drive.

Now, here go Sam and I.  This is not easy for either one of us.  It's a lot of jumping for a young puppy and I'm tired of getting bit in the ass, not to mention the drag when he's hanging from my shirt.




The walking is lots of fun.  We not only have a chance to exercise, but to talk and catch up with each other's lives.  We're all great friends, and many, many discussions have been had during these morning walks. I don't get to talk as much because I'm not as fast as the others.  This is my usual view....

I'm just not in as good a shape as the others, plus don't forget I'm dragging a 20lb puppy along.

But it's all worth it -----



isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment