Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

what is it with me and birthdays?

Well, in my latest string of assaults on my loved ones, I missed Matt's birthday.  I didn't forget it, but I missed calling him on the right day.  I thought of it two days before, but thought I'd wait til that day.  Then I thought of it three days after.  Matt is one of my closest friends and confidantes and his birthday the last day of June.  Is it really that hard to remember?  Am I really that much of an airhead?

I never forget Allan's, Larry's, or Jess's birthdays; but I can't remember my anniversary.  I have to pull out the wedding license to look.  Two years ago, I actually convinced Allan that he had the date wrong and we celebrated a day early...

For the last three years in a row, I've called Robert O. the day after his birthday to wish him happy day.  Last year, I was in NJ in August when we celebrated Tab's birthday.  I asked why we were celebrating a day early...and, apparently, we weren't.

I've never gotten Diane's kids' b-days right, and usually call them the day before or the day after to start singing. Sheesh.

In November of '09, I was up NorCal to judge a goat show and spent a couple of extra days visiting Dad and Diane.  I had Diane's birthday gift ready and told her wanted to bake her a cake and celebrate the night I left, since her birthday was the next day.  She gave me a really odd look: Mom's birthday was November 20th; Diane's is the 25th.

I guess I take after my dad.  Long ago when he took me down for a military ID, he put down the wrong day.  When he took for my driver's license, he actually had the year wrong...

Matt, I love you.  I'm sorry I did it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment