Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Random Thoughts and/or Moments that Make You Go Huh. #1

So I was driving home from Dorian's last night and when the traffic report came on, I changed the channel.  Unbelievable.  After years of commuting and living by the radio' s report, I suddenly realized that it doesn't matter anymore.  There is nowhere I go routinely that is impacted by the hideous SoCal traffic.  Ahhh, bliss....

%^%^%^%^%^

A couple of years' ago, Liz and I went to the tradeshow in Denver.  When we got to the hotel that night and Liz called home to check in, Jimmy asked: "Why'd you take my toothbrush, Liz?"  Ewww, just ewww.

^%^%^%^%^%^

Dad never, ever cursed.  He used to say, "For crying n a bucket," or "Hell's Bells."  One of his favorite sayings, however, is "Stop when you hear glass breaking and smell sh***t."  I don't really get that one.

^%^%^%^%^%^

I had an epiphany the other day.  It seems like every time I try to buy glasses, they're always a little tweaked.  So I was in Kohl's and trying on sunglasses, when I finally realized:  maybe the problem isn't the glasses at all -- maybe my ears are crooked.

%^%^%^%^%^

I might actually be the laziest person on earth when it comes to food.  Truly.  I'll dump milk on oatmeal and eat it cold before I'd microwave it.  When Allan's out of town, I drink the same pot of coffee all week, 'cuz I'm too lazy to make new.  When Allan is in town, I walk down to the kitchen, pour enough milk in my coffee so I can stand at the sink and chug it.  I don't want to have to remember to bring the mug back down to the kitchen.  Hmm, I wonder if there is something deficient in my mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment