Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Bowling with Bullets.

Tomorrow is my last class of "Firearm Safety."  It's a class held at the San Diego Police Department gun range and taught by retired cops.   Every Tuesday for the last 10 weeks, Teri Corle and I have gone "bowling" -- bowling with bullets, that is!  We've talked about taking this class for a couple of years and finally we are.  After two classes of theory, they sent us out to the range to learn to shoot...

Teri is shooting this --



--a standard police-issue 38 revolver.




I am shooting this --


-- a 9 mm Glock that Allan has.


While I have become a lot more comfortable handling the gun, I wish I was more accurate at the target.  My highest score so far is a 50.  I think Teri has shot close to 80.   Of course, I can't even see my shots on the damn target.. HEY!...before anyone says anything: Could you see a half inch bullet hole at 75 yards? 
Okay, then.  'Nuf said.
Next on my bucket list is learning to play the drums.  I think I'll ask Marigold if she wants to join me on that adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Drumming? I think I could SO do this! After all, I have four legs to work with, not to mention a head practiced at butting things.

    ReplyDelete