Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful...

Heavy digging leads to heavy thought.  While Superior Ditchdigger SamDammit and I worked on another drainage ditch in a paddock, I had to time to think about what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving Day.*

  • I am thankful for my family and friends.
  • I am thankful for my health.
  • I am thankful for my freedom -- my right to vote, the right to bear arms (and not arm bears!), and all the other freedoms given to us by our forefathers and maintained by our veterans. 
  • I am thankful that -- while I gripe about the calories and needing to lose weight -- that none of my nearest and dearest go hungry.
  • And I am thankful for my toes.





December 31, 2007, was my first round of chemo.  Six sessions in five months left me with not only no hair, but my nailbeds got infected and I lost most of my nails.  It's taken nearly three years for them to fully grow back, and this week I got a pedicure!  I feel like I've kicked Cancer again. Take that, you nasty BUG!  HA!

And, yes, I am thankful for SamDammit even though he had to be in every picture.

* One might think that the amount of kvetching we do about rain and mud, that we Californians must be inundated with rain and mud.  In fact, it's the opposite.  The lack of rain we receive makes every rain shower an absolute crisis around here!

2 comments:

  1. Toes are nice, but hooves are where it's at if you ask me. Trust me on this, however. You would not be so thankful if you had the goatmother trying to trim them all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, Marigold, if you had the kind of pedicure I had, instead of the one that pesky GM tries to give you, you understand! ;]

    ReplyDelete