Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Goat Friends... judging in Longview and Showing in Rosamund


Goat people are a different sort of people.    They're not just goat farmers:  they are CPAs and teachers and executives and law enforcement and nurses and court reporters (me!) and physical therapists.  And some of them are my best friends...we were brought together by our goats, but have found much common ground.  In fact, most of the blogs I follow are goat-related and some of my favorite "on line" friends are goat folk too...coincidence?  I think not!

So in Longview, I wandered on down to the showgrounds when my show was ready to start - to see old friends and meet some new.   (As a judge, I can't go to the showgruonds early while the other judge is still judging)   It's funny that i may see some of these people three or four times a year, usually when I'm judging or at a board meeting, but we are kindred souls and our friendship picks up just where we left off a months before.

This particular show was an Oktoberfest show, and the Northwest clan put on a show.  There was a pumpkin carving contest, a remote fart machine, a costume contest...oh and some goats, too!  The kid's costume contest was darling, of course, especially the line up of parents on the other side of the arena holding cameras.





But my very favorite costume is one worn by friend and fellow judge, Joyce.  She was dressed as "La Cabra,"  which has been a work in process for some time now.  This one was spectacular -- her son's shiny red disco pants, full mask, and cape -- and her goat was the round girl....priceless!









But all good thing must come to an end, and Sunday evening with many hugs, off  I headed to the airport to fly home, hang up my travel hat, and wait for another adventure...


1 comment:

  1. First of all, what in the hay is a remote fart machine? Second, I hope there was no chupacabra around to bite La Cabra. You know we have a dog here named Cabra. She's okay for a dog. The name makes her much more likeable to us.

    ReplyDelete